Why Should You Care About Spring Driveway Maintenance?
Spring is the time of new beginnings. It should be noted that homeowners in the northeast will soon begin the process of preparing their homes for warm weather. As the weather warms up, you’ll begin noticing the damages left behind on your driveway from the cold. Nevertheless, Spring is the perfect time to fix your driveway. Whether you decide to have it seal-coated or fill in any cracks that may have formed from ice. Here are some Spring driveway maintenance tips to get your driveway looking its best.
Spring Driveway Maintenance Tips
- Clean The Driveway- Debris like dead leaves and sticks commonly find their way into our driveways at the end of Fall before the arrival of snow and ice
- Power Washing– A good power washer will help to remove embedded salt, dirt, silt, and other deicing chemicals from your driveway
- Removing Weeds-Weed encroachment is a common occurrence in driveways with lots of cracks and potholes. Remove all weeds first before applying the crack filler
- Applying Crackfiller-You can fix smaller cracks by filling them with liquid crack filler. However, in the case of larger cracks, you can use a cold patch to fill potholes. It should be noted that a cold patch isn’t a permanent solution to fix potholes. Large potholes can expand rapidly, especially with the arrival of heavy rain in the Spring. The Northern construction team will provide you with the best advice for filling potholes based on the pre-existing condition of your driveway.
- Seal Coating– Seal coating is an excellent way to improve the durability of your driveway. In addition to this asphalt sealer will give your driveway that smooth, shining appearance. Seal coating sealers prevent oxidation of the asphalt surface by forming a defensive outer skin. Along with protection from water, sealers prevent damage and wear from salt, and other de-icers. Sealers also reduce the deteriorating effects of oil, gasoline, and various other harsh chemical substances.
Get Your Driveway Sealcoated This Spring!
For many reasons, spring is considered the best time to get your driveway seal coated.
- Durability & Elasticity– Having your driveway seal coated in the spring will allow the sealer to bond with the strongest durability and elasticity to the pavement. Undoubtedly, Spring is considered the best season to have your driveway seal coated. The warming weather brings mild temperatures in the high fifties and low sixties. Indeed these are ideal temperatures to apply asphalt sealers.
- Curb Appeal– After the snow melts it will reveal the damages left behind from ice and salt. Now it’s time to show your asphalt pavement some attention and give it the radiant new look it once had. A freshly sealed driveway or parking lot will make your home or building’s curb appeal stand out like never before. Click here to visit our curb appeal blog and read about more ways to boost your home’s aesthetic beauty.